Why is this? Perhaps it is because they don't have the staff or resources to focus on their strategy.
Here are a few low and no-cost marketing ideas to promote your business.
- Write a blog for your business. Your employees all have expertise that can lend a hand towards your blog. Also, your customers can provide testimonials and case studies for your blog.
- Give something away. Host a contest or sweepstakes for your fans.
- Say thank you. At one position, I sent $5 Starbucks cards and thank you notes to customers. The response I received was overwhelming. People love to be appreciated. This goes for your employees too!
- Send an email newsletter monthly and talk about one big idea or announcement. Link to helpful industry resources.
- Get involved in the community. Give back and have a day of service with your employees. Support local business partners and get to know your neighbors.
There are so many things you can do to boost your marketing on a budget.
If you need more ideas or help getting your marketing going, contact me!